Get the most from your 2D concept designs
Introducing Creo Layout
Product development teams need to continually streamline their concept design and detailed design processes in order to reduce development time and cost. However, many concept engineers create detailed 2D concepts in one 2D CAD tool, then either switch to a separate 3D CAD system or hand-off the 2D design to a colleague to create the 3D model. Re-creating the 2D data in 3D wastes time and can introduce errors when moving from one system to another. Creo Layout is a stand-alone 2D CAD app which solves this problem by enabling you to leverage the best of both 2D and 3D worlds in your design process. You can quickly create detailed design concepts in 2D, add detailing information such as dimensions, annotations, etc. and then leverage the 2D data in your 3D design using Creo Parametric. Your design data moves seamlessly between apps and the design intent is fully retained.
Features & Benefits
- Create 2D geometry faster with easy-to-use, unconstrained drafting capabilities
- Quickly navigate larger drawings with zoom viewports and filmstrips
- Import data from Creo Parametric, trace sketches or cross sections, or other 2D systems, DXF, IGES, DWG, DRW, etc., to further accelerate detailed concept design
- Reuse 2D concept engineering data in 3D designs in order to accelerate the transition between concept and detailed design, shortening the overall design cycle
2D and 3D CAD Additional Resources
eBook by industry analyst Chad Jackson “New Answers to the Challenges of 2D”
In the attached eBook “The New Answers to the Challenges of 2D” Industry Analyst Chad Jackson addresses the following:
- Difficulty detecting clash and interference
- Few options to test for form, fit and function
- Drawings are hard to read for non-engineers
- Clients are more impressed with 3D
If you are considering a 3D CAD solution, you don’t necessarily need to eliminate your 2D CAD System. This buyers guide outlines the concerns and hesitations people have in moving to 3D and highlights new capabilities that make adding 3D CAD a smooth transition.
This outlines the powerful capabilities of Creo Layout including Assembly Integration and the Reuse of Existing 2D and 3D Legacy Data.
For more information be sure to Contact us at 3 HTi