solidThinking Inspire is a software tool for design engineers, product designers, and architects to quickly and easily generate and investigate structurally efficient concepts.
Traditional structural simulations allow engineers to check if a design will support the required loads. Inspire assists you by creating new geometry within your package space using the loads as an input. Inspire is easy to learn and works with your existing tools to help you design structural parts right the first time, reducing development time, material consumption, and product weight.
A short overview of features present in Inspire software
Inspire is proven technology, built with the Siemens PLM Parasolid 3D solid modeling kernel and using Altair’s OptiStruct optimization engine. Both products are industry leaders with proven success.
Inspire supports the following CAD formats and versions for import:
- ACIS (.sab, .sat): through R21
- CATIA V4 (.model): all 4.xx
- CATIA V5 (.CATPart, .CATProduct): V5R10 through V5-6R2014
- IGES (.iges, .igs): 3 & 5
- JT (.jt): 7.0 through 9.5
- Parasolid (.x_b, .x_t, .xmt_bin, .xmt_txt): through 27.0
- Pro/Engineer (.asm, .prt): 13 through Creo 2 M090
- SolidWorks (.sldasm, .sldprt): 99 through 2014 (We do not support files written from SolidWorks EDU Edition 2013-2014.)
- STEP (.step, .stp): AP 203, AP 214, AP 242
- STL (ASCII .stl): .stl binary files are not supported
- UG NX (Unigraphics) (.prt): 11.0 through NX 9.0