Mathcad Prime is the industry standard platform for solving, analyzing, and sharing your most vital engineering calculations. It acts as single tool for engineering teams to complete live mathematical notation, units intelligence, and powerful calculation capabilities, all within an easy-to-use interface.
Mathcad Prime is the leading engineering calculations software.
The latest release, Mathcad Prime 5.0, added some new features, including an improved 2D charting app, 2D plot customization tools, and new online help resources. Here is everything you need to know.
What’s New in Mathcad Prime 5.0?
Solving advanced engineering calculations is just one aspect of the design process. Engineering teams need to be able to effectively communicate and share their results in ways that help drive product design forward. Mathcad Prime makes this possible with new and improved:
Enhanced 2D Plotting
Users can now fully customize the look and feel of 2D plot charts to improve visualization and communication. Enhanced formatting features include:
- Full axes formatting, including the ability to choose colors and styles that best represent your data
- Titles and legends to provide data context and give plots a more professional look and feel
- Second y-axis, including the option to have multiple traces and include additional formatting to the second axis
- Gridlines options, including the addition of major or minor gridlines with customizable color, style, and thickness options
Effectively communicate your engineering calculation results with fully customizable 2D plots.
Online Help and Support
PTC now provides instant help online for everything you need, right when you need it. The new Help Center has information about all the capabilities and features of Mathcad Prime 5.0, including the latest updates, examples, tutorials, and reference materials.
Advanced Features from Previous Releases
If you’re using an older version of Mathcad Prime, you may be missing out on some of the advanced features from newer releases, such as:
- Content protection: Mathcad Prime 5.0 maintains the same advanced Area Protection and Locking so users can control how much access and visibility other users have over calculations.
- Seamless interoperability: Instead of having to switch between applications and coordinating other work, Mathcad Prime can embed content from other applications into worksheets, and users have the ability to copy and paste multiple regions of a worksheet directly into MS Word.
- Improved usability: Advanced equation wrapping means calculations won’t disappear off the edge of a page. Users can add equation wrapping after completing calculations or can turn on the wrap-as-you-type setting.
- Other performance enhancements: Previous Mathcad Prime releases include upgrades to PTC-powered engineering notebooks, the trig equation solver, advanced engineering math tools, the engineering unit converter, advanced numerics and custom functions, comprehensive documentation features, programming, symbolics, templates, X-Y plots, 3D plots, and the Excel integration.
Mathcad 5.0 Price
Just as PTC Creo moved to a subscription-pricing model, Mathcad Prime is now also offered under the same model. The Mathcad Prime 5.0 price is $600 for an annual subscription license with auto-renewal. For complete functionality, a variety of worksheet libraries are available for a one-time purchase of $200-$520. The available worksheet libraries include:
- Roark’s Worksheet Library – 6th Edition for PTC Mathcad Prime 4.0
- PTC Mathcad Worksheet Library – Volumes 1 and 2
- PTC Mathcad Worksheet Library – Applied Math
- PTC Mathcad Worksheet Library – Civil & Structural
- PTC Mathcad Worksheet Library – Electrical
- PTC Mathcad Worksheet Library – Mechanical Engineering
- PTC Mathcad Worksheet Library – Education
Increase Mathcad Prime’s functionality with a variety of worksheets.
Purchase Mathcad Prime 5.0
Mathcad Prime 5.0 is the leading engineering calculation software that can help your organization optimize the design and calculation process. Mathcad Prime helps you:
- Appropriately and securely communicate design intent and engineering knowledge
- Intuitively construct calculations using standard math notation
- Create high-quality and professional engineering calculation documents
- Repurpose standard calculations
- Increase productivity
- Accelerate training and adoption of the software with access to e-learning materials
Ready to purchase? We are offering a special deal of buy one, get one half off Mathcad 5.0 licenses from now until September 30!
Or, if you are interested in learning more details or have questions about the software, contact us.