MarkForged | Mark One
The Mark One Carbon Fiber 3D Printer by MarkForged has been redefining what people expect from 3D printed objects since it debuted. It was the first 3D printer capable of incorporating continuous strand carbon fiber, Kevlar®, and fiberglass into ABS plastic and Nylon. While Nylon and ABS plastic are great materials for testing form and fit, adding one of these additional materials to the design creates stronger parts without need for post processing.
3D Print a Part That’s Stronger Than Metal – From Your Desk!
The Mark One can produce parts up to 30 times as strong as parts reinforced with ABS filament by using the Continuous Filament Fabrication (CFF™) process. This allows engineers to create high-quality end-use products and functioning prototypes – a watershed achievement for the 3D printing world. By using CFF, the parts are reinforced throughout their entire body, making them more resilient than a similar design reinforced with chopped material filler.
Additionally, the different materials allow users to reinforce their designs based ratios like:
• Strength with abrasion resistance
• Strength-to-cost ratio
All of this enables engineers and designers to make exceptionally durable parts that meet production-grade thermoplastic and metal standards.
The printer uses proprietary “Eiger” software that runs in the Google Chrome browser. No need for downloads, a dedicated computer, or setup hassle – simply login to eiger.io and begin printing.
MarkForged’s groundbreaking printer has a build volume of 320mm x 132mm x 160mm, and uses two nozzle heads. One nozzle head prints with Nylon, and the other reinforces the Nylon with the chosen continuous fiber material. The print bed also clicks into place with 10 micron accuracy. This precision allows users to pause printing, remove the bed, add embedded components to the design (like microchips or batteries), then replace the printer bed and continue printing in the exact same position.
With the MarkForged software suite, users can also:
• Adjust strength and flexibility in different areas of the part
• Automatic Fiber Routing to increase the part’s strength by ten times or more
• Clone and version files
• Collaborate and share
• Control and edit the Fiber Density and directionality of a project on a layer by layer basis
• Print via Wi-Fi
• Upload and update your STL files in the library
• MarkForged’s software
• Carbon fiber filament sample, 50 cm3 (3.05 in3)
• Fiberglass filament sample, 50 cm3 (3.06 in3)
• Nylon filament, 1000 cm3 (61 in3)
• One CFF Quick-change nozzle
• One FFF Quick-change nozzle
Composite Printer and Professional Kit
• Composite Printer
• MarkForged’s software and premium software support
• Carbon fiber filament, 200 cm3 (12.2 in3)
• Fiberglass filament, 300 cm3 (18.3 in3)
• Nylon filament, 2000 cm3 (122 in3)
• Kevlar® filament, 300 cm3 (18.3 in3)
• Five CFF Quick-change nozzles
• Five FFF Quick-change nozzles
• Two additional print beds
For more information about the Mark One, read our blog posts: