Computational Fluid Dynamics software dedicated to electronics cooling using parameterized SmartParts for common electronic components such as fans, heatsinks, and IC packages.
The powerful FloTHERM® suite of 3D computational fluid dynamics (CFD) software predicts airflow and heat transfer, in and around electronic equipment. FloTHERM delivers right-by-design products that save design time and reduce the need for physical prototyping from components and boards to complete systems and data centers.
Key features and benefits
- Market leader since 1989
- 9 out of 10/17 out of 20 of the top consumer electronics companies rely on FloTHERM for thermal design
- Data-interoperable, supporting import of measurement-based thermal models from T3Ster and DynTIM
- Closely integrated with MCAD and native EDA interfaces
- Meshing and solution technologies ensure fastest time-to-results to keep pace with design changes
- Handles industrial-strength cases with many thousands of objects and millions of mesh cells
- Fully-automated integral design optimization capability using the FloTHERM Command Center module
- Full XML import capability and result post-processing to support workflow automation
- FloVIZ, a free post-processing module, shares FloTHERM results with other stakeholders in today’s highly-collaborative design environment