ThingWorx Augmented Reality (AR) with ThingWorx Studio
AR Experiences in Minutes
ThingWorx Studio is an easy-to-use software platform that uses a drag-and-drop interface, allowing anyone to create beautiful augmented reality (AR) experiences in a matter of minutes – no coding skills required.
By leveraging CAD designs and data from IoT devices, designers can create compelling AR experiences quickly and at significantly lower prices than traditional tools.
AR is providing enterprise organizations with new ways to present their products to customers. Rather than simply showing sketches and other documentation, designers and engineers have the opportunity to present their products more realistically with AR.
ThingWorx Studio provides designers with the tools they need to:
- Decrease time to revenue: Create AR environments to present products as realistically as possible in a matter of minutes.
- Reduce costs and design complexity: Use existing CAD designs and IoT data to build engaging experiences.
- Deliver enterprise scalability: Centralize AR experiences into a single universal application that can be used across the enterprise.
- Simplify content create for all devices: ThingWorx Studio includes out-of-the-box support for smart phones, tables, and a variety of wearable devices.
ThingWorx Studio includes four components that come together to create a seamless and easy-to-use AR design experience.
ThingWorx Studio is the main module. It is the design and authoring environment in which content creators can design their AR experiences. It doesn’t require the use of any coding skills and significantly reduces the costs associated with creating AR experiences.
This module is where all relevant data gets stored and pulled from. The experience service manages the AR experiences and delivers the relevant and contextualized information that is needed for every uniquely identifiable object.
This module is where customers experience the AR environments. It can be used on smart phones, tables, and wearable devices across the enterprise. It also simplifies the AR design process by ensuring that every experience utilizes the same interface, regardless of device.
In order to take advantage of all the capabilities ThingWorx Studio has to offer, ThingMarks are unique images that are placed on IoT objects. These trigger the relevant experiences in ThingWorx view. Similar to QR codes that provider customers with promotions or access to specific websites, a ThingMark provides customers with the AR experience that goes with the product.
How ThingWorx Studio Works
- Objects are connected through enterprise systems and external data inside the Experience Service cloud
- AR experiences are created using ThingWorx Sudio
- Customers scan ThingMarks on products to view the AR experiences
- Experiences are stored inside the Experience Service cloud and are viewed using ThingWorx View
- Wearables supported: Microsoft HoloLens, Apple ARKit, and Google ARCore
- 3D geometry formats supported: Creo View, STEP, IGES< STL, FBX, Collada, OBJ, and VRML
- Deployment options: cloud or on-premise
Looking to centralize all of your product data?
Check out ThingWorx Navigate, a family of seven applications that allow users across your organization to easily access all the product data they need to complete their job duties.