PTC has re-engineered its Creo packages to help teams build better products faster by accelerating product innovation from the earliest phases of concepts to final product design. With five-tiered package options, you can easily find the tools and features that fit your organization’s design needs.
Creo helps you create better products faster with accelerated design innovation and optimization.
PTC Creo Package Overview
New Creo Packages
The new Creo Packages come in five setups, each including all of the previous features and then adding more tools and extensions.
- Tier 1 – Creo Design Essentials: Has all the core functionality tools so you can design with confidence.
- Tier 2 – Creo Design Advanced: Adds top-down design and concurrent engineering tools as well as functionality for prismatic and multi-surface milling.
- Tier 3 – Creo Design Advanced Plus: All the tools you need to design for additive manufacturing and advanced surfacing, plus mechanism dynamic, behavioral modeling, mold designing, mold machining, and GD&T advisor and tolerance analysis tools.
- Tier 4 – Creo Design Premium: Includes advisor tools for simulation, flow analysis, and fatigue and product machining tools. Most importantly, this tier includes extended collaboration abilities and includes Mathcad.
- Tier 5 – Creo Design Premium Plus: This most comprehensive package includes all of the previous features plus more advanced simulation and flow analysis, the options modeler, metal 3D printing tools, complete machining, and the new advanced topology optimization extension.
PTC Creo now offers Five-Tier Creo packages so you can get all the tools and functionality your organization needs.
New Creo Prices
As mentioned, each Tier adds more tools, extensions, and functionality so the price of Creo increases as you upgrade each tier. The prices break down as follows:
- Tier 1 – Creo Design Essentials:$2,200 – $2,700
- Tier 2 – Creo Design Advanced:$3,980 – $4,900
- Tier 3 – Creo Design Advanced Plus: $10,300
- Tier 4 – Creo Design Premium: $14,375
- Tier 5 – Creo Design Premium Plus: $20,000
If there is an extension at a higher tier that you think would benefit your organization, it is possible to purchase it. However, this add-on is limited to one extension and can only be used if the cost of the package plus the extension is lower than the next highest tier.
Want an instant quote of how much Creo will cost based on your needs? Try our Creo Price Calculator.
Which Package is Right for Me?
If you are looking to keep your existing package setup, you should purchase the following packages:
- Essentials, Essentials Plus, Essentials Premium or Engineer I à Creo Design Essentials
- Essentials Team or Engineer II à Creo Design Advanced
- Engineer III à Creo Design Advanced Plus
- Engineer IV à Creo Design Premium
- No current package has all the features included in Creo Design Premium Plus
Creo Package Breakdown
Creo Design Essentials
- Creo Parametric: These core design tools include all the same functionalities you know and love, including Unite Technology, 2D and 3D Modeling, Augmented Reality (AR), and more.
- Collaboration for Inventor and Solidworks: Seamlessly integrate and work with data from Inventor and Solidworks, allowing for multi-CAD design consolidation.
- Simulation Elite (Linear Structural Analysis): Includes the tools you need to complete static structural analysis, part and assembly analysis, and simulation for solids, beams, shells, masses, and springs.
- Flexible Modeling Extension (FMX): Directly edit any type of 3D geometry to better support late-stage design changes, improve rapid exploration, and improve downstream analysis.
- Design Exploration Extension (DEX): Explore concepts and rapidly create design alternatives while utilizing checkpoints to ensure you can revert any decision and maintain files and design history.
- Piping and Cabling Extension (PCX): Easily create and optimize piping and cabling routings for decreased costs and improved manufacturability with 2D schematic logic that includes verification and validation.
- Render Studio Extension (RSX): Produce beautiful photorealistic image collateral to use in design review, marketing, product packaging, and consumer testing.
- Intelligent Fastener Extension (IFX): Automate fastener geometry creation and hardware assembly with standardization and configuration hardware.
- Advanced Framework Extension (AFX): Create structural framework geometries faster while also improving the accuracy of fastener assembly and weldment design all integrated into an intuitive UI.
- Legacy Data Migration Extension (LMX): Migrate all data and CAD files from your previous CAD software into PTC Creo without any fear of losing your critical data. It also includes the Legacy Drawing Associator to automatically connect parametric models to imported legacy data to ensure models and drawings remain associated.
- Human Factors Extension: Optimize your products for human interaction, usability, comfort, and safety, including the ability to use manikin models to understand real-world field of vision windows for a better understanding of what would be seen during product use.
- Human Factors Analysis Extension: Validate designs and demonstrate their compliance with a variety of safety, health, and workplace standards.
- Mathcad Express: Includes the basic features of Mathcad, including writing equations using natural math notation, automatic calculation updates, operations and functions for algebra and trigonometry, comprehensive documentation, and x-y plots.
Creo Design Advanced
Includes everything above plus:
- Advanced Assembly Extension (AAX): Tools to facilitate and support concurrent design and development using top-down design strategies with defined design intent.
- Prismatic and Multi-Surfaces Milling Extension: Get the highest quality and highest precision machining in the fastest time possible, including capabilities for multi-surface 3-axis milling with 4- and 5-axis positioning.
Creo Design Advanced Plus
Includes everything above plus:
- Standard Additive Manufacturing Extension: Simplify 3D printing design with the ability to rapidly create and optimize lattice structures and printer tray setup.
- Interactive Surface Design Extension II (ISDXII): Combine technical and freeform surfacing all within a single parametric environment.
- Behavioral Modeling Extension: Quickly optimize geometry to meet design goals and engineering criteria using design exploration.
- Mechanism Dynamics Extension (MDO): Improve mechanism design with improved visualization, analysis, and optimization.
- Tolerance Analysis Extension (TAE): Easily analyze, visualize, and understand the geometric tolerance stack-up and dimensional variation of your designs.
- GD&T Advisor Extension: Use the guided dashboard to ensure the correct application and creation of GD&T while improving MBD compliance with the latest ASME and ISO standards.
- Tool Design Extension (TDO): Accelerate and improve the design of product molds and cast tooling.
- Expert Moldbase Extension (EMX): Automate many of the manual and time-consuming tasks to speed up the creation of moldbase tooling design and detailing.
- Mold Machining Extension: Quickly turn around and deliver production mold, die, electrode, and prototype parts, including tools for 3-axis trajectory milling and comprehensive hole making.
- Layout Extension: Maximize productivity by utilizing integral 2D layouts to create detailed 3D designs.
Creo Design Premium
Includes everything above plus:
- Collaboration Extension for CATIA and Siemens NX: Seamlessly integrate and work with data from CATIA v4 and v5 as well as Siemens NX, allowing for multi-CAD design consolidation and increased innovation.
- Simulation Extension: Simulation early and often in the design process can significantly improve the performance of end products. This extension helps you quickly analyze and optimize the structural integrity of all parts and assembly models using linear static, static structure, modal structure, linear buckling, and linear steady-state thermal analysis.
- Fatigue Advisor Extension: Similar to the Simulation Extension, easily analyze and optimize for structural integrity with a clear understanding of cycle fatigue and product durability.
- Flow Analysis: Improve product performance and function with easy-to-use tools to analyze and optimize fluid and gas flow.
- GD&T Advisor Plus: Use the guided dashboard to ensure the correct application and creation of GD&T while improving MBD compliance with the latest ASME and ISO standards. The plus version includes additional tools like reusing existing annotations and annotation evaluation and guidance.
- Production Machining Extension: Create high-quality and extremely precise machining quickly with additional low-level NC sequence editing for toolpath control and optimization.
- NC Sheetmetal Extension: Complete NC programming for turret punch presets, contouring laser/flame machines, nibbling, and sheering for sheetmetal manufacturing.
- Mathcad: The best engineering calculation software, allowing you to significantly improve calculation communication with beautiful data displays and robust engineering notebooks to connect geometry calculations and documentation.
Creo Design Premium Plus
Includes everything we offer within PTC Creo, which is everything above plus:
- Advanced Simulation Extension: Includes everything within the Simulation Extension plus tools for materials nonlinearity, isotropic and composite materials, large deformation nonlinearity, dynamic and prestress analysis, and transient and nonlinear thermal analysis.
- Complete Machining Extension: Create high-quality and extremely precise machining quickly. It includes additional low-level NC sequence editing for toolpath control and optimization and support for Mill-turn, live tooling, and multi-task machine synchronization.
- Flow Analysis Plus: Includes the features of the Flow Analysis Extension plus includes particle, radiation, species, and moving/sliding meshing analysis.
- Options Modeler Extension: This dedicated application with Creo allows users to create and validate modular 3D products.
- Topology Optimization: Automatically generate designs for solving problems based on specific design criteria, goals, and objectives.
- Additive Manufacturing Extension Plus: Includes the same functionality as the Creo Additive Manufacturing Extension plus it allows you to directly connect to 3D metal printers and automatically generate metal support structures for your 3D designs using Direct Digital Manufacturing (DDM)
Current Creo Customer FAQs
I am a current Creo customer, will my package be switch over to one of these new tiers?
No, these packages are only available for new subscription licenses it is unclear at this point if Creo will be offering a loyalty program for current customers.
I am still using a perpetual license, what will happen to my Creo setup?
At this time nothing will change, although we highly recommend switching over to subscription licenses to receive additional benefits, your packages will remain the same. PTC may also release a loyalty package for you but that information has not yet been released.
I upgraded to Creo 5.0 when it was released, will I get to take advantage of these new packages?
No, these packages will only be available for new subscription license purchases. If you are currently a Creo customer and want to switch to one of these new packages, contact us and we would be happy to assist you.
Figure Out Your Package Price with the Creo Price Calculator
Feeling a little overwhelmed? We totally understand; these are some pretty big changes that come with a big price tag. We’ve created a calculator tool to help you figure out the price of your Creo setup with all the tools you need.
If you have more complicated questions or need additional help to figure out which package is right for you, just contact us.