The release of Creo 5.0 is just around the corner. This latest update promises to boost creativity, unleash new possibilities, and revolutionize how design teams work. It combines IoT, AR, and flow analysis capabilities to enable smart and connected product design. Creo 5.0 will transform how teams collaborate by replacing design assumptions with hard data to produce new and innovative products.
Here is everything you need to know about the upcoming release.
Creo Release Date
Creo 5.0 will be released on March 19, 2018 (except for the topology optimization feature, which will be released in May). Pricing will be subscription-only. There will be no perpetual-license pricing available for new Creo 5.0 seats.
With the move to subscription-only licensing and pricing, PTC is also committing to releasing significant annual updates.
Creo 5.0 is coming out on March 19, 2018.
Since PTC has not released their formal announcement and all the details associated with Creo 5.0, we don’t know for sure how much it will cost. However, based on previous releases, we expect that pricing will stay roughly the same, around $1,000 per seat.*
We predict that Creo 5.0 will cost roughly $1,000 per seat.*
New Creo Features
Creo 5.0 promises to provide users with overall productivity and UX improvements directly out of the box. In addition, Creo 5.0 will include:
- Topology optimization: enhanced features to help teams create better products faster
- Additive manufacturing: new capabilities for metal 3-D printing
- Mold machining: new tools to create custom molds for final part production
- Computational fluid dynamics: simulation tools designed specifically for CAD users rather than just analysts (this feature is already available!)
- Unite technology: collaboration extension added for AutoDesk Inventor
Creo 5.0 promises overall productivity and UX improvements.
Have questions about Creo 5.0? Want to talk about license options? Want to know how Creo 5.0 compares to other CAD platforms? Contact us and we will be happy to help.
*Update: Pricing for Creo 5.0 is the same as for Creo 4.0. So, you can get a seat of the latest version for $1,000.