Creo 3D CAE Extensions
With the Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) capabilities in Pro/ENGINEER, test and optimize products for structural, thermal, and dynamic performance throughout design and product development using simple yet powerful simulation tools.
Design refinement…Throughout the new product development process, high quality product design decisions require a sound understanding of product performance under actual operating conditions. With its range of simple to use, powerful static and dynamic analysis capabilities, Pro/ENGINEER simulation software allows engineers to develop a more informed design through product testing – one that is optimized for its environment – early on in the process. This improves product quality and design innovation.
Gain product insight…Costly and laborious prototyping hinders a design team, resulting in compromised schedules and budgets. However, with Pro/ENGINEER Structural and Thermal Simulation, designer engineers can better understand product performance, and accommodate the digital design accordingly — all without needing a specialist’s FEA-background. The result: engineering gains early product insight and delivers higher quality products at lower cost.
- Conduct standard analysis types, including linear static, modal, buckling, contact and steady state thermal
- Obtain real-world performance data by directly applying conditions to design geometry without requiring data translation
- Fast, automatic solution convergence, mapped precisely to underlying CAD geometry; 3rd party solver output
- Increase innovation by simultaneously designing and simulating results of design variations
- Reduces development costs through reduction/elimination of physical prototyping and productive, engineering-friendly user interface
Pro/ENGINEER Advanced Mechanica
Gain product insight…Costly and laborious prototyping hinders a design team, resulting in compromised schedules and budgets. However, with Pro/ENGINEER Mechanica Structural and Thermal Simulation, designer engineers can better understand product performance, and accommodate the digital design accordingly – all without needing a specialist’s FEA-background. The result: engineering gains early product insight and delivers higher quality products at lower cost.
- Solve non-linear large displacement, pre-stress, dynamic, and transient thermal analyses
- Simulate advanced materials behaviors such as anisotropic, orthotropic, and composite laminates
- Support for advanced modeling entities such as mass/spring idealizations and pre-loaded bolts
- Common interface, workflows, and user concepts as in core design areas of Pro/ENGINEER
- Reduces product performance uncertainty by simulating complex systems accurately
Pro/ENGINEER Fatigue Advisor
Ensure reliability…Products subjected to repeated cycles of loading and unloading can fail, even if the stresses are well under safe values – a condition known as fatigue. Pro/ENGINEER Fatigue Advisor can bolster product reliability by enabling engineers to predict and improve the fatigue performance of their designs. This reduces design iterations and costly test programs, while improving product durability.
- Conduct fatigue analysis, evaluating performance measures such as life, damage, and factor of safety
- Use durability characteristics in design studies to optimize for product life
- Better understand product durability in real-world settings by specifying repeated standard loads
- Make optimal design decisions, incorporating considerations of scheduled obsolescence
- Improve product quality, reduce unplanned after-market service and warranty expenses, and avoid costly product recalls
Understand dynamic effects…Engineers need not wait for physical prototypes to test a product’s dynamic endurance. With Pro/ENGINEER Mechanism Dynamics, you can virtually simulate reactions to accelerations and the weight of moving components. And, you can adjust product performance by incorporating dynamic influences such as springs, motors, friction, and gravity. Maximize design confidence without the expensive burden of building prototypes.
- Incorporate springs, dampers, motors, friction, gravity, and custom dynamic loads to evaluate product performance
- Use design studies to optimize the mechanism’s performance over a range of input variables
- Create accurate motion envelopes for use in interference and space claim studies
- Obtain accurate measurements from a dynamic analysis to designing stronger, lighter, more efficient mechanisms
- Create high quality animations directly from a dynamic simulations
Real design intent…Is your design the best solution? Does it have the proper inertial characteristics? Does it weigh more than it should? Is its packaging constructed to minimize shipping costs? With Pro/ENGINEER, you can capture real engineering requirements, automate the exploration of design alternatives, and identify the best solution, solving genuine engineering problems faster, with high confidence.
Pro/ENGINEER Behavioral Modeling
Design optimization…Inferior design practices inflate product development costs due to wasted material, excessive shipping expense, and poor product performance. Ideally, engineering would be able to embed real–world design requirements — even for multiple objectives — within the digital model so that these criteria are perpetually satisfied. With Pro/ENGINEER Behavioral Modeling, this optimized way of designing is a reality.
- Associatively embed design requirements within models, perpetually solving real problems involving multiple design goals
- Assess model sensitivity to understand the effects of change on design objectives
- Integrate results with external applications such as Microsoft Excel via an open environment
- Enable consideration of all design requirements, regardless of construction method, to produce optimal designs
- Run experimental design studies crossing multiple functional areas of Pro/ENGINEER