solidThinking Inspire: Inspire, Inspire Cast, Inspire Extrude, and Inspire Form
Easily generate and investigate structurally efficient concepts.
The SolidThinking Inspire platform is the most powerful and intuitive simulation solution for design engineers to be able to create and investigate structurally efficient and manufacturable concepts quickly and easily.
A short overview of features present in Inspire software
The Latest Update: Inspire 2018
New and improved features include:
- Lattice optimization, visualization, and export: Automatically generate optimized lattice as well as mixed solid-lattice structures.
- Overhang shape controls: When designing for additive manufacturing, eliminate overhangs to create a more self-supporting structure.
- PolyNURBS update: Easily create complete CAD and manufacturing-ready geometries post-simulation using the PolyNURBS Fit tool and then automatically fit it to an optimized shape.
- Import/export load cases/tables: This functionality has been redesigned so you can more easily view all loads and select the specific cases that you want to apply them to. Plus, you can now also use the Load Cases table to import and export for a .csv or .xls using a fixed format.
- Friction for rigid joints: You can now analyze forces caused by friction during motion analysis with the ability to specify joint type and friction levels.
- Spot welds: Engineers can now apply spot welds at any location on a surface part of any other existing point.
- Improved profile editor: Have more control over profile parameters and preview the built-in actuator and motor profiles.
Simulation is no longer the last step in the design process, in order to stay competitive in the market, simulation must be completed early and often in the design process. This helps organizations meet their critical goals including increasingly quality, decreasing costs, and speeding up time to market. Plus, solidThinking Inspire makes it possible to:
- Explore design concepts: Simulation allows designers and engineers to explore more design concepts without additional prototyping costs. What’s more, they can assess static loads, normal modes, buckling, and motion to ensure quality and dependability before building a physical prototype.
- Accelerate the design process: By simulating early, teams can determine which aspects of the design need to be re-evaluated removing unnecessary and time-consuming redesigns or reiterations.
- Reduce costs: By removing the need for so many physical prototypes, organizations save on material usage and design time.
The solidThinking Inspire Suite
solidThinking Inspire Cast
solidThinking Inspire Case provides a fast, easy, accurate, and affordable framework for engineers to determine casting feasibility early in the development process. Engineers can set up their simulation in five easy steps:
- Design for castings and utilize simulation to assess and optimize early
- Minimize process complexity
- Improve quality and profitability
- Intuitive interface to create rigging components for casting
- Create geometry for cores and molds in just one click
- Automatically generate Risers
- Utilize guided templates for the most common casting process simulations
solidThinking Inspire Form
solidThinking Inspire Form is streamline stamping simulation software that helps design engineers create better products with earlier checks for forming feasibility. By using Inspire Form teams can improve material utilization and productivity through optimized design and workflow processes.
Quickly and reliably check the formability of parts by predicting the potential for splits, wrinkles, and loose metal also using an intuitive workflow:
- Design better products
- Intuitive UI
- Save on material costs with optimized form designs
- Automatically create and simplify geometry for optimized designs
- Calculate the best stamping direction for model setup
- Extensive materials library
- Easy-to-use analysis results and visualization
- Try out design forming throughout the design process using virtual tools
solidThinking Inspire Extrude Metal
Formerly known as Click2Extrude, this product allows engineers to complete extrude simulations quickly and accurately without needing complicated tools or interfaces. By using solidThinking Inspire Extrude Metal, you can avoid many typical extrusion defects like:
- Profile distortion
- Unbalanced bearings
- Die wear
- Backend contamination
- Charge weld defects
- Bad seam welds
- Ban grain structure
- Low profile quality
- Bad surface quality
- Shift design processes upfront to design better products
- Easy to understand user interface with little training required
- Save on time, materials, product weight, and cost
- Easily create and simplify geometries
- Optimization modules can improve products throughout the design process
- Complete comprehensive analysis for all types of compressions and stress
- Materials library allows you to customize materials for more accurate analysis
solidThinking Inspire Extrude Polymer
Similar to Inspire Extrude Metal, solidThinking Inspire Extrude Polymer offers the tools and features for optimized polymer extrusions. Users can easily visualize material flow and temperature inside a die during extrusion and make changes as necessary. Completing this simulation and analysis can also help avoid typical extrusion defects associated with polymer extrusion including:
- Profile distortion
- Die swell
- Coextrusion with metal inserts
- Clam shelling
- Use virtual die trials to determine and eliminate issues and improve extrusion quality
- Improve productivity with the ability to identify potential production problems and proactively fix them
- The easy-to-use UI helps detect extrusion defects earlier and faster saving time and money
- Guided extrusion templates for coextrusion, spiral dies, coextrusion with metal inserts, and film and sheet dies
- Predict extrusion effects and remove them before they occur during the production process
- Utilize powerful visualization tools including temperature, displacement, velocity distribution, and more.